Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our Newest Tasty Treat!!!

I found this recipe in a family magazine (WonderTime-- I'd never heard of it before) and was drawn to it because it has Flaxseed in it. Flax is a good way to get Omega-3s if you don't like seafood. In trying it out, I discovered that it's almost as yummy as cookie dough (but minus the raw egg and all that sugar)!!


The magazine calls them Powerballs, but I think we will just call them YUMMY!!




Here's the recipe:

Mix together 1 cup peanut butter and 1 cup honey until smooth. Gradually add in 3 cups old-fashioned oats and 1/2 cup ground flaxseed. Add 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup any combination of nuts and soft dried fruit. Mix gently in your stand mixer or smush together by hand. Roll into ping-pong size balls (or, use your cookie scoop for less mess) and, for maximum presentation, place in mini muffin cups. You can eat them right away, but they'll be less sticky after a night in the fridge. They freeze well, too. Place on wax paper overnight in the freezer and then transfer to a ziploc bag.

Ideas for mix-ins:

mixed nuts, choc. chips, M&M's, raisins, cranberries, coconut...

Enjoy! I know we do!

2 comments:

ashley g. said...

I must admit. I was totally drooling over "yummy" until I read about Morgan's new "snack." Thanks for saving my keyboard from shorting out! Morgan- you are hilarious!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

mmmm...I'm going to try it! Thanks!