Saturday, October 18, 2008

Two-Year Old Talk

Morgan let out a loud, slobbery, wet sneeze in the car and I turned around (I was passenger) to give her a tissue. She licked her mouth and replied, "mmmmmmm!" DISGUSTING!!!




We were discussing airplanes, which seems to happen quite often at our house these days. Morgan was explaining that the "man who drives the airplane is a Pilot." I was trying to get her to understand the two-way connection (meaning airplane driver=pilot and pilot=airplane driver) by telling her Pen and Eli's dad flies an airplane, then asking what he is. Her relpy, "Brother Larsen."


During a temper tantrum last week at Grandma's house, Morgan was on the couch in the living room screaming into a pillow. My mom (Grandma) asked what was wrong and I said, "Morgan's mad because I'm holding Sadie." Morgan stopped crying and yelled, "Don't talk to me, I'm SCREAMING!" and then put her face back in the pillow and continued to scream.



Morgan is probably the ONLY person to actually read (well, look at) the emergency evacuation card on an airplane. Her use for it: to match the picture on the front to the other planes around us. It goes something like this: "Look, mommy, airplane! (Points to picture on card) Look mommy, that one (pointing to plane out the window) has red and blue and orange! Like that one! (Points to picture on card) Look, mommy!"

2 comments:

Wheeler Family said...

I love the funny things kids say! That's so cute!

Anonymous said...

that hilarious. "don't talk to me, i'm screaming!" only morgan...