A few weeks ago, the girls picked out pumpkins when we went to Berry Patch Farms. They've been waiting to carve or paint them and we finally did yesterday!
Their pumpkins were too small to carve, so I told them we could pick a big one at the grocery store (lame, I know) if they wanted to carve them. In the end, the paint was too enticing and, so, we painted pumpkins.
Sadie was so focused on her pumpkin. I drew a face for her with marker, fully expecting her to paint where she wanted to and ignore my outline.
Look how she did! I helped with the mouth and a little around the top, but she did pretty good on the eyes and nose! Way to go, Sadie Bug!
Morgan really got into painting her pumpkin. A 4-year old budding artist???
These girls sure love each other! (Morgan more than Sadie, sometimes, but Sadie's a trooper and puts up with all the hugs!)
Oh, and it was very windy last night, so as my mom has always said, "The kids get all dressed up in their costumes and then cover it all up with a coat!" Morgan wore her pajama pants under her princess Rosetta dress! But, they're still the cutest elephant and princess! Morgan was probably the most polite trunk-or-treater out there! At one of the trunks, she so sweetly said, "May I have a piece of candy, please?"
One of the families gave out necklaces and the girls were elated! More princess necklaces!!
And, we're stealing the idea of the Halloween Fairy this year from my sister. I let the girls each have a few pieces last night and again tonight and tomorrow morning, they will find surprises for the Halloween Fairy. Morgan asked if I could let her (the Halloween Fairy) know to wrap them like Christmas presents. So, I (ahem) she gladly obliged. Pictures of their surprises to follow!

No comments:
Post a Comment