Over the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, we took a quick trip to Mesa to visit Grandpa and Grandma Boring, as well as some of our Boring cousins! Of course, I forgot the camera, so all the pictures are fuzzy from the iPod!
Carson enjoying a snack at the hotel!
Can't possibly be comfortable, but, hey, they're sleeping!
Sunday afternoon, we went over to the Mesa Temple Visitor's Center. I always love visiting temple grounds. There's such peace and comfort to be felt.
While at the Visitor's Center, we watched a short video. It was called, Only A Stonecutter (thanks, Logan!), about a man who lost both his legs in an accident, yet still walked miles every day to help build the temple. Such a touching story and chance to reflect on whether or not I am doing all I can to build the Kingdom of God.
Despite the big box of toys that I brought to entertain this busy guy (these Boring cousins don't have any little ones at home!), he found it much more worthwhile to stack soup cans in the kitchen!
Family picture in front of the temple.
This guy LOVES the "aack you!" I see a janitorial position in his future at BYU!
Grandma Boring's birthday happened to be the week after we visited. So, we decided to celebrate early!
On our way out of town, we stopped for lunch. Just for the record, I was NOT impressed with the In-N-Out in Avondale. But, I was grateful for the hats that entertained the kids in the car!




1 comment:
the movie is called "only a stonecutter". we watched a lot on my mission. it is really touching.
Post a Comment