A few years later, we started our family. Over the years, as I have read Dr. Seuss to my kids, I've often thought about ho0w much I loved that musical.
This past January, I stumbled upon a coupon (can't remember if it was Living Social or Groupon), for a youth theatre production of Seussical. So, we found a sitter for Carson (thanks, Aubrey!), and Brian and I took the girls to the show!
On a side note, it happened to be on the day Brian received results for his latest exam, which he passed! What a great way to celebrate! Sitting in LA traffic on your way to a children's theatre production!
When we arrived, we were just on time for the show to start. In fact, traffic had been so rough, our "fancy" dinner ended up being Taco Bell drive thru. Yumm!
Here's a quick (blurry) shot of us before the show.
Although the Lorax never appears in the musical, the girls watched The Lorax constantly during the week leading up to our big night, in anticipation!
The DVD has a bonus feature to draw the characters. Morgan's drawings are on the left, Sadie's on the right:
And, here is another of Morgan's Lorax drawings.
Sadie wanted to "build" the Onceler's house. So, here it is. The porch is on the right and the slats on the left are the "poke through holes to see Tim down on the ground."
While the Utah production was far superior (including better seats), the girls had a blast and the music was so much fun! Maybe someday, Brian will take me to see it on Broadway!



No comments:
Post a Comment